[-empyre-] Situated body, Situated practices

Jaimes Mayhew jaimes.mayhew at gmail.com
Wed Sep 11 13:08:23 AEST 2019

Hi everyone,
I have been in this listserve since 2008 and I can’t recall ever posting, but I was inspired to share that seeing this conversation made my heart swell. I am also transgender, and transitioned early in my career.

I’m struck that just 15-20 years ago, seeing this kind of conversation about trans* people on a list for art people seemed impossible. I’ve found people who are trans* in every city I’ve lived in via social media as a way to make friends and find allies. First Friendster, then MySpace and now Facebook.

McKenzie, I am a fan of your work, and was so excited to see you present at CAA in NYC a couple of years ago. I remember seeing you and wondering if you might be family.

What else can I say? I’m grateful for this moment.

Sent from my phone. Please excuse any typos or brevity.