[-empyre-] (no subject)

Dale Hudson dmh2018 at nyu.edu
Mon Feb 10 03:05:36 AEDT 2020

Thanks, Beth.

These insights from your research are fascinating.

I’m looking forward to reading more when the research is published, especially about the use of online platforms to produce a community for discussions that might not translate, especially into western commercial art world where those adjectives are linked to the entire catalogue of orientalist tropes and rationales for military interventions.

We’ll return to the related category of feminist arts practice in week 3, so we can considered the power asymmetries between colonial feminism, corporate feminism, white feminism in contrast with postcolonial feminisms, transnational feminisms, Muslim feminisms, and so forth.

Dale