[-empyre-] OPEN CALL: an encouraging word to send your bio and reading lists (Benton C Bainbridge)

Benton C Bainbridge bentoncbainbridge at gmail.com
Mon Feb 1 06:51:23 AEDT 2021

Hi Renate, hello all!

My bookshelves are filled with science fiction—this weekend I finished
Robert A. Heinlein's *Orphans of the Sky* and started Octavia E. Butler's
*Kindred;* my online reading centers on surveillance media, algorithmic
civilization and its discontents (including artists, techies and organizers
who are seeking alternatives):

Shoshana Zuboff on Surveillance Society and Epistemic Chaos
<https://www.nytimes.com/2021/01/29/opinion/sunday/facebook-surveillance-society-technology.html>
James McGirk on 5th Generation Warfare
<https://ourcyberpunknow.substack.com/p/some-armageddon>
Robert Saint Rich on the incompatibility of social media and art
<https://twitter.com/fatherrich_/status/1343000927448535043>
*Lazy Minting* of NFTs on OpenSea
<https://opensea.io/blog/announcements/introducing-the-collection-manager/?utm_campaign=Newsletter+January+2021&utm_content=A&utm_medium=email_action&utm_source=customer.io>
Eric Barry Drasin on a Distributed Object Framework for digital properties
<http://www.ericbarrydrasin.com/portfolio/1274/>
Eric Drasin also pointed me to these sites:
http://metagov.org/
http://workerorganizing.org/
http://economicspace.agency/

Here's my bio <http://bentoncbainbridge.com/cv/> and a short video by
Andrew Freedman Home about my recent artwork <https://youtu.be/lwHujA4KDw4>.

Thanks for this soft_skinned_space free of algorithmic intermediaries!
Benton

Benton C Bainbridge | +1.646.338.9172
<https://youtu.be/lwHujA4KDw4>