[-empyre-] are you interested in being a guest in May: Flow, Impulse and Affect

Renate Ferro rferro at cornell.edu
Fri May 7 00:33:41 AEST 2021

 Our May discussion on –empyre- soft-skinned space will be begin on May 10th: Flow, Impulse and Affect in Real Time.  We are thrilled that Patrick Lichty will be joining Renate to moderate the month.

If you would like to be featured during the weeks of May 10th or May 17th please send a back-channel message to Renate. We invite new media artists and theorists, musicians, choreographers, coders and others to think about how might we understand the artistic or critical payoff from the impulse of media culture.

What does it mean to be in the moment when the body encounters the impulse.  This can be likened to “flow”, or the quality of being “in the zone” of 2021’s media culture. If the rapidity of images, in the flowing, impulsive space is in the contemporary now of media culture, can it then allow for reverberation, reflection, recitation?

Looking forward to Monday.
Renate

Renate Ferro
Visiting Associate Professor