[-empyre-] Nina Sobell/Sharing my work

nina sobell ninasobell at gmail.com
Tue May 11 12:00:15 AEST 2021

Hello everyone in soft_skinned_space,
It’s been great learning about what others have been doing,
so I too am squeaking in some links to my work in 2020 before it’s too late.
Thanks so much for taking a look!

Intimate Connections: Alternative Communication Threads in Nina Sobell's Video Performances and Installations (1974-1982)
by Cristina Albu, Camera Obscura pages 39-75, vol 103  Duke University Press, 2020
https://read.dukeupress.edu/camera-obscura/article-abstract/35/1%20(103)/39/164224/Intimate-ConnectionsAlternative-Communication?redirectedFrom=PDF <https://read.dukeupress.edu/camera-obscura/article-abstract/35/1%20(103)/39/164224/Intimate-ConnectionsAlternative-Communication?redirectedFrom=PDF>

Hindsight is 2020,  White Page Gallery, curated by Bjørn Magnildøen of Noemata
is online:  https://noemata.net/wpg/nina/ <https://noemata.net/wpg/nina/>

UNSEEN folio, David Moscovich editor, 24 pages, Louffa Press 2020
http://www.louffapress.net/artist-books <http://www.louffapress.net/artist-books>
Excerpt from book launch many images included
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0-7m2XBqBsE&feature=youtu.be <https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0-7m2XBqBsE&feature=youtu.be>

UNSEEN UNHEARD Video March - June 2020 6:08  (please watch)
https://vimeo.com/433801976 <https://vimeo.com/433801976>

UNSEEN UNHEARD
solo installation at the Window Museum, curated by Beatriz Albuquerque,
Matosinhos, Portugal. Interview:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vTCNVOE5P5k <https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vTCNVOE5P5k>

What is Between Us: Nina Sobell, folio of my work written and designed
by Paula Sweet,197 pages, Second Guess Press  2020
https://images.app.goo.gl/oq6PYaYhzKmqQJW16 <https://images.app.goo.gl/oq6PYaYhzKmqQJW16>
https://www.amazon.com/nina-sobell-what-between-us/dp/B0851LXRWP <https://www.amazon.com/nina-sobell-what-between-us/dp/B0851LXRWP>

Brain Art: Brain Computer Interfaces for Artistic Expressions, Anton Nijholt, Editor, Springer publisher.
I wrote the foreword for this book -and am cited in twelve chapters
https://www.springer.com/gp/book/9783030143220 <https://www.springer.com/gp/book/9783030143220>